Translate

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Scrap Quilt

Hi friends!
I worked on this a little yesterday, just added two more rows to it.
Added this one!
Added a row to three sides and maybe i will add another today . With this their is another row after the one i am working on. It will be a very big block, four should make a good sized lap quilt. It may takeake 6, i am a long way from finding out

I have been practicing on this but my hand quilting stitches still look like Morse code, dot- dash
dot-dash. Don't know if i will ever get good at it.
I have a feeling she is going to want us to make a block by hand soon and mine will look awful!
I am going to have to make me another practice piece and work on it some more!
At least i am learning something new to me.
Have a good one
Hugs
Babs

2 comments:

  1. you would be surprised how a little practice makes your stitches look better. I use a number 9 needle I think it is and I can get nice small even stitches.
    of course a comfy thimble helps too. I love the relaxing slow stitching if only my eyes would cooperate more. looking good

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty block. Hand quilting takes practice.

    ReplyDelete